Japanese green tea matcha cake receipe21 February 20
Matcha has all the incredible health benefits - It has the ability to boost your immunity, control your stress and gently support weight loss.
This Matcha Cake recipe creates a moist, dense green tea cake. It’s sweet, but not too sweet. It is easy, healthy, delicious and is perfect to serve for morning or afternoon tea.
- 100g butter (room temperature)
- 90g sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 95g white flour
- 5g matcha powder
- 2g baking powder
- Bring the butter to room temperature, add the sugar little by little and mix with a hand mixer until it becomes whitish and airy.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add the flour, matcha powder and baking powder and mix.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Pour the dough into the cake tin and level the surface. Bake for about 40-50 minutes in a 170 degree oven.
- After baking, remove from the cake tin and lay sideways to remove heat. Wrap it with cling film while it is still slightly warm to keep the moisture.